Monday, May 31, 2010

People's Choice.

Recently, I set my facebook status to "I need to write a new blog post. What about?" Never did I imagine that I would get 11 answers.

When I think about my life, I often think about the struggles that I've dealt with, the adventures that I've been on, and the love that I've felt. All of these have one common denominator: the people that I've met on my journey thus far.

People often tell me that it amazes them at how many people that I seem to know, or at least be acquaintances with-- it amazes me as well. I find the amount of people that I have gotten to know through my 19 1/2 years of life fantastic. Though impossible to become best friends with everyone that I meet, I often wish that it were possible. Anyone who knows me knows that I love relationships, personalities, and the quirks that people possess.

With that said, it was kind of interesting that most of the responses to my status question were inside jokes, amusing remarks, or just plain out-of-the-blue. All of the answers made me laugh and reminisce-- most explaining my exact relationship with the person that wrote the answer.

Samantha Jones "sunshine and happiness": Although I've never personally met you in person, we've connected over facebook through out love for fashion, the environment, and our pure appreciation for the beautiful side of life. I smiled when I read your comment because it was typical of you. Never forget to love the sunshine and recognize happiness as it appears in life, which, I hope, is everyday.

Austin Buit, Brittany Cook, and Nate Potter "me": You guys would put "me" as an answer. Though I could go on for hours about each one of you, I will save everyone else from boredom ;)

Laura Amari "Wall-e": Wall-e and bio II changed my life-- as did you. I am so happy to know you and I want you to know that I really do look up to you. You know who you are and you won't change for anyone, I wish I could constantly say the same about myself. Stay true to yourself girl. Wall-e taught me, in a round-about way that sometimes you don't have to say anything to get your point across. And Bio II, well, that taught me that I hate training animals to do stupid things.

Daniel Parker "relationships": Funny that if it weren't for relationships, I wouldn't know you. Also, I have to quickly apologize because dating Mehgan is kind of like dating the both of us at once... You're a good guy, and though you, Mehgan, and I have had our rough patches, I know that you are truly worthy of the presence of both of us ;) Relationships will never be easy, but that might just be the best part of them. You need to work everyday for the best things in life. That way, you can see your progress. If you want a longer explanation, read my previous posts.

Michael Bennett "blonde hair superiority": You have, and will forever be, my best friend--since we were blonde bombshells at age 2 to being the less-blonde version now. I have never regretted going back to my blonde roots, just as I will never forget that family is the most important thing in life. Without you, I would never have gotten through the hard times that I have overcome. And, with this major decision of college over my head, at least I know that the superiority of being blonde is on my side ;)

Jillena Arendt "Wallace Lake": Wallace Lake is what brought us together, and I am happy for that. Funny that I never thought that I would actually look forward to going to work until Wallace Lake came into my life. Summer is about kicking back, going to the beach, and making memories--and while Wallace is not as picturesque as the above sentence, it'll do. Here's to summer lovin' and a gross "lake" to call home.

Darren P. Lorenzi (and Danny pt. 2) "waka flacka flame and his influence on the 18-25 culture": Of course I wouldn't understand what this means, but I wouldn't expect anything less. Frankly, I don't have the time to even figure out what this means, but you probably don't expect me to. You were probably just saying it to confuse me and to make my eyes roll. Congrats :) Thanks for the smile, babe. I wouldn't be the same without you.

Eric Luebke "Jose Leonel Canales": Jose deserves his own blog, not just a portion of one. But, with that said, I probably will never ever write him his own blog. So, I'll just thank him here for the laughs, the frequent "what the hell did he just say's?", and the tornado dance.

Mommy dearest "souse!": Only unworthy men use the word Souse. Remember that. Some people aren't worth your time, your attention, or even your annoyed moods when they've pissed you off. Men who use Souse fall into this category...although I will, until the day that I die, give him credit for my realization of this.

Relationships find their way into your life in the strangest ways. Be thankful for the people in your life, and remember that the love and interaction from human to human is the way that the world keeps turning.

P.S. Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment